Get the help you need to use WordPress effectively
Are you stuck on an aspect of your WordPress site? Do you find the technical language of WordPress overwhelming? Are you looking to make specific changes to your site and require experienced guidance?
Are you in a situation where if one certain person left the company, no one would know how to use the site? Are updates happening piece-meal to your dissatisfaction because no one really knows the full capability of your WordPress setup?
Stop spending hours on books and tutorials that aren’t giving you the progress you need. Let’s meet one-on-one so you can solve your problems on the spot.Book a session ▼
$ 60+hst /per hourStuck on WordPress? Save time by focusing on the areas that have you stumped. Hourly sessions are ideal for individuals with specific tasks who require friendly, personable training.
- In person in Halifax
- Remotely, with video recording of sessions for reviewing later
- Creating, editing posts and pages
- Using themes and plugins
- Fixing site design issues like misaligned content
- Adding new features to your site
$ 500packages starting atSave your organization time and money. Eraserheader Design offers packages suited to help small business and organizations take control of their site again.
- On-site training (within HRM)
- Remote video conferences
- Special rates for post-training assistance
- Custom training videos tailored to your site’s specific setup
- Content, SEO, user experience and social media evaluations
- Social media, Google Analytics, and design training also available
“We contracted Alison to provide one-on-one, in-house WordPress training for our office staff. She began by thoroughly examining our site and creating a customized training curriculum. Using her vast knowledge and can-do attitude, Alison made the learning process relevant and fun and she also produced customized training videos to reinforce learning and ensure a training succession plan. We are so impressed with her organization, knowledge, and attitude that we are continuing to utilize her expertise to guide our staff as we make specific improvements to our website.”
Shaar Shalom Synagogue
“Alison figured out tricky issues with a very old WordPress build. She never tired of explaining to amateurs the language of the internet and the mysteries of WordPress. She has a heart for small social justice organisations to which we are thankful.”
“I reached out to Alison because I was getting frustrated with editing WordPress content. Within a few screenshots we were able to determine that I needed to edit back-end code. With her help the site was up, running, and doing what I wanted.“
(project in progress)
“As a beginner blogger, I found my session with Alison extremely helpful. She not only shared her expertise but also her encouragement. Thanks to her, I finally found the knowledge and the nerve to get my blog up and running.”
Quality, personable WordPress training with years of experience
Hi I’m Alison Knott, the woman behind Eraserheader Design and your instructor. I am a web designer by trade, with special expertise in WordPress. I don’t just drive the car – I know how everything runs under the hood:
- Coding and designing content for WordPress and other content management systems since 2009.
- Teaching design and web related courses at Nova Scotia Community College Institute of Technology and NSCAD University since 2016.
- Providing on-site and remote training for Canadian and international clientele since 2012. My sessions cover everything from functionality on established sites to comprehensive post-launch training.
- Well-versed in hosting and admin environments, I can troubleshoot beyond the platform itself.
- Host of LunchPress, a weekly Facebook Live show where I cover a different topic each week and answer viewer questions live!
- Creator and Lead organizer of WordCamp Halifax 2018, a volunteer run WordPress conference.
- Leader of Nova Scotia’s only WordPress Meetup, a monthly event where people of all backgrounds meet to get help and share victories.
- A national public speaker on WordPress, online presence and the creative community.
How it works
- Fill out the form or call 902-830-0763. I will follow up with a short phone call up to 30 minutes to discuss your needs in detail and arrange a session. Please note that I do not troubleshoot over the phone.
- We’ll meet virtually or in person to conquer your WordPress to-do list. I also give pointers to help you be more efficient with WordPress. You’ll be amazed what we can accomplish in a few hours!
- Once our session is complete, I send along a detailed invoice.
- Rejoice, you’ve wrangling WordPress to do your bidding!
- Remotely via Zoom (like Skype, but more stable and fun to use)
- Volta Labs, 1505 Barrington Street
- Halifax Central Library, Spring Garden Road
Eraserheader Design accepts payment in cash, credit card and E-Transfers. Detailed invoice provided at end of sessions. Remote sessions start at 1 hour, in-person at 1.5. Most people require 2-2.5 hours. Don’t quite use up all the booked time? You’re bill in 15 minute increments after the minimum.
Book A WordPress Training Session